Teaching English Language and Literature in Secondary Schools - double-subject
In order to be allowed to sit for the Master’s Final State Exam (UZAJ9999), a student must obtain at least 120 credits while fulfilling the following requirements:
- Pass five pedagogical-psychological courses (20 credits) at the Faculty of Arts (UZB001-UZB005).
- Pass the following courses in English language teaching methodology, theory and practice at the Department of English and American Studies: UZAJ2011, UZAJ2022, UZAJ2023, UZAJ2034, UZAJ2035, UZAJ2037 and UZAJ2048 (21 credits total).
- Pass an exam in English language teaching and theory (UZAJ2036) at the end of the third semester (2 credits).
- Pass – no later than the end of the third semester of studies – the written and oral exams in the English Language (AJ21110 and AJ21120, respectively) or have recognized an accepted certificate in accordance with the criteria specified on the Department web site.
- Pass the university-wide requirement for an additional foreign language (4 credits).
- Pass three courses within the English Language Teaching track and finish them with exams (15 credits)
- Pass Master’s Thesis Seminars I and II and submit the Master’s Diploma Thesis (20 credits). This may be done in either of the two subjects the student is studying. There is no minor thesis in the non-diploma thesis subject.
- The remaining credits (38) necessary to fulfill requirements for the degree are obtained in the other subject and in accordance with the specific requirements of that department.
The process of writing a Master’s Diploma Thesis lasts at least two semesters: in the first semester students prepare for writing and submit assignments in the electronic Thesis Seminar I (AJ29800), in the second semester, they consult with their adviser, write the thesis and gain credits for that in the Thesis Seminar II (AJ29801) and hand in the thesis.