1. Orientation Week - only for FIRST YEAR bachelor and master students
- Bachelor study programme English Language and Literature
Wed 18 Sep 2019, 16:00, room B2.13
- Master study programme English Language and Literature
Fri 20 Sep 2019, 13:00, room B2.23
- Master study programme Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature
(Učitelství anglického jazyka a literatury pro střední školy)
Thu 19 Sep 2019, 14:00, room G32
- Master study programme North-American Culture Studies
Fri 20 Sep 2019, 14:00, room G311 (Gorkého 7, Dep. of English, 3rd floor)
- Master study programme English-Language Translation
Fri 20 Sep 2019, 12:00, room G316 (Gorkého 7, Dep. of English, 3rd floor)
2. Beginning and end of the teaching period
There will be no classes in the orientation week apart of orientation meetings (see above). All courses will start in the week of 23 September. The last day of regular teaching is 13 December. In the week immediately before Christmas (16 – 20 Dec), some teachers may hold a compensation seminar (substitution for a seminar which could not take place for example due to illness); and some teachers may schedule course tests.
3. Reading Week
There will be no regular classes in the week of 28 October. Students are expected to use the week for reading materials and carrying out assignments set by teachers. Intensive courses and compensation classes may take place during the reading week.